Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Update

And now, Live from a small town in Central Illinois,
This is Weekend Update.
Ok, so I got back from my weekend getaway in St Louis on Sunday Night. The weekend was incredible. I drove down Saturday morning to spend the weekend. The main purpose of my trip was to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert on Sunday. Well Saturday night I went to dinner at the Schlafly Tap Room. The place was great, amazing food, and some outstanding beer. Schlafly has over 30 varieties of beer, 6 are available year round, and the rest are brewed and released at various times during the year and are available while supplies last. While there, I met one of their brewers who proceed to give me several samples of their beers (I purchased three, and ended up trying all of the 12 they had on tap (YAY FREE BEER)) overall, the staff, and the atmosphere was great, really laid back. Moreover, not only was to the beer good, the food was out of this world, everything fresh made in house from scratch, even the salad dressing. And after dinner I even managed to hook up with my waiter (I will pass on a potential pun or joke here). He is a 25 year old student at SLU, and is an Irish Catholic, brown hair and the most amazing green eyes ever, waking up next to him was great, he was one of those guys who you just like to watch sleep, and my room had a big window that looked out over the St Louis skyline, so seeing him sleep in the light of the city, ohh if I only had a camera with me. Then on Sunday I had lunch at the brewery again (I swear to God I am not an alcoholic) before the concert. Then there was the concert. I went to the show last year, and I have to say this year topped it. The show was incredible; the lighting was absolutely amazing, as was the pyrotechnics. What was better was that some of the band was at the same Hotel I was in. I met four members of the band in the Hotel Elevator. Oh well I should get back to studying for finals.

1 comment:

B said...

someone had a good trip :-)