Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holidays

So here comes one of those things that just pisses me off. I have been out shopping at various stores, and since a couple of weeks before Halloween Christmas decorations were already appearing in stores. Now I am not anti Christmas, but come on, the middle of October is to damned early for Christmas shit to appear in stores. Well the weekend after Halloween I went shopping with my mom and what did I hear in the stores, Christmas music playing. I know it gets worse every year, but I remember 5 years ago the “official start” of the holiday shopping season. Now stores can’t get transitioned fast enough from fall to a brief layover at Halloween before throwing Christmas up, thanksgiving is basically passed over anymore. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind Christmas, I don’t mind holiday music, but I don’t want to hear or see it in October. Oh well, guess that is the way it goes then. In other news, I am going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra again in St Louis on December 9th at the Scott Trade Center, I managed to score event floor level seats dead center about 30 rows from the stage. So after thanksgiving I have decided to share some holiday music on the blog, I will of course be posting some TSO, but I will also be posting my favorite holiday song from last year from The Dan Band.
BW

PS Remodel progress pics posted tonight

2 comments:

Jake said...

What usually pisses me off is the assumption that people have plans. They always ask if you're visiting family or going out of town. Whenever I say I'm working they get this attitude like it's the wrong answer.

dit said...

I believe retailers are worried as consumer confidence is not at its highest. I also noticed many items are hitting the shelves at "Sale" prices.