Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some more on my campus

I got asked a qustion about what my campus looks like so here are the main building on campus

First up is the Public Affairs Center, or the PAC. home of my Atrium Hideout. The PAC also houses campus food service, the Sangamon Auditorium, 3 seperate theaters and is the underground hub of the entire campus (PAC, Brookens, and Math Sciences are all conected by an underground concourse). It is nice walking between buidling underground when it is freezing outside. As with most of its contemporaries on campus the PAC is based on a design of triangles. This is the building that houses most of the Public Affairs programs including my Political Studies Program.
This is a shot of the Norris Brookins Library. The building is split, half Library, Half classroom and offices. There is not a square room in the whole damned place, neither is their a straight hallway. The joke on campus is that the place was designed by the Psychology Department as a giant rat maze for undergrads. I think the plan failed becuase I know grad students who cant find their way around this damned building. At last check the campus facility services didnt even have a complete floor plan on the building. It also is designed on angles, not a single right angle in the enitre building. Thank God I dont have classes in this building, I might still be roaming the halls.
The Brookins Courtyard
The Health Sciences Building (Also the Math Sciences Building), yeah I know it is on the back edge of campus but im a political studies major, we dont really have a use for this building other than to know its a good place to hide if you dont want anyone to find you, supposedly it has a nice greenhouse, again wouldnt know.
BW


No comments: