Sunday, October 14, 2007

Beer, Midterms, Beer, and Vodka

Well I have wrapped up studying for midterms so I am inspired to blog on a personal favorite past time, and American collegiate tradition, ALCOHOL. Now I didn’t used to like beer. Only within the last few years did I acquire a taste for beer. Now I should say when it comes to my beer, its rare to see a domestic in my hand, if it is it is either Bud Select, MGD, or Free (in which case I shut the fuck up and drink it). If I am drinking beer, I love a nice import, something German, such as Spaten, and Oktoberfest beers are the best thing ever. Now I do like several US microbrew beers as well such as Rogue and Flying Dog. We have a bar not too far from where I live that has over 250 different beers available, so far my friends and I have put a good dent in that list. At the end of this I ll list some brands that I like. Now outside of beer, I like spirits as well. I am particularly fond of Rum and Vodka, but the occasional glass of a good Irish Whisky or Bourbon really hits the spot. Again some preferred brand will be listed at the bottom. Now what in the hell does this have to do with midterms you might ask. Well in the midst of studying for midterms I got side tracked and took a quiz on alcohol, and found a really cool site Beeripedia. Well my first midterm is Monday, so here is a toast to good luck. Bottoms Up.

Beer
Spaten Premium
Spaten Optimator
Spaten Oktoberfest
Guiness
Blue Moon
Chimay
Flying Dog
Rouge Dead Guy Ale
Rouge Chipotle Ale
Rouge Shakespeare Stout
Rouge Mocha Porter
Coopers Brewery Australia
Heineken
Berghoff – All
Leinenkugel Red, Sunset Wheat, Summer Shandy

Vodka
Stolichnaya
Skyy
Absolute
Titos
Effen
VOX

Rum
Captain Morgan
Bacardi 151
Bacardi 8

Whisky
Jameson’s
Bushmills

Bourbon
Woodford Reserve

1 comment:

B said...

There are some interesting beers on your list, I will have to try some of them.