Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Question

Ok, let me start by saying a big F YOU to my cable company. It took them almost 20 hours to fix the cable service, Insight Communications = INCOMPOTENCY RUN AMUCK.
Now on to the slightly delayed post from yesterday
Ok, so I said yesterday that I started a new Job. Well on day number two, I got asked the following:
Coworker: So do you have a girlfriend?Me: no,Coworker: Well why not, you’re smart, funny, and cute?Me: I just don’tcoworker: Well I know someone who would just be perfect for you, ill have to introduce you two next time she’s in.
So here is my issue, first I have only worked at this place for two days, so first I was kind of uncomfortable by the grilling on my personal life. I mean I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, those are kind of standard getting to know you questions. And I admit I don’t believe they were trying to make me uncomfortable, the people I work with are really great. My problem is what to tell them. In a perfect world being gay doesn’t matter, and wouldn’t be an issue in the workplace. Unfortunately this isn’t a perfect world, and I have already seen it at one job were being gay was made an issue because it “made people uncomfortable”. I don’t want to lie to anyone, or give anyone the wrong ideas, but at the same time I just met these people, so I have no idea how they would react to a gay guy working with them. Maybe I am over thinking this, worrying about nothing. This is just the first time since I came out that I have had to deal with a situation in which people don’t know I am gay. Oh well, I would put some more on here, but I have to study for a biology and geography exam, so I m going to end this here, if anyone has thoughts or suggestions on this please, send them my way.

BW

09/12/07 PS, I didn’t get to study much since my internet was down and all my study notes where online. GOD DAMN INSIGHT.

No comments: