Saturday, September 22, 2007

That just ain’t right

Ok, let me start this with a little history of myself, I have now owned 5 cars

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cieria Delux (Engine Blew up)
1994 Mazda 929 S (wrecked)
2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE (hated)
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS (engine problems $$$$$$ to fix)
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix limited (my princess)

Now for the that just aint right, out of those five cars, 4 are domestic brands, 1 foreign brand, and none manufactured in the United States, The Olds, and the Sunfire were built in Mexico, the Mazda in Japan, and the Monte and Prix in Canada. Now what really kills me, especially now, is that I can go buy a Hyundai or a Toyota and get a car that was built within the continental USA, but if I go to buy a GM or some fords, I get a car built either in Mexico or Canada. I mean really now, what the hell, We cant afford to build GM cars here because of labor costs, but Hyundai’s and Toyotas which are cheaper cars than GM’s are built here and selling like hot cakes. Oh well, just a little momentary rant, we can chalk this one up to the bottle of wine I drank before posting this.

BW

No comments: